Aarón Conde (4ºESO B) has written this postcard featuring one of the most popular vegetables in Ourense: "grelos" (turnip greens)
Rapini, broccoli rabe or grelos are the signature vegetable of our region. Follow the instructions below if you want to try a delicious recipe!
LACÓN CON GRELOS
|Ingredientes del lacón con grelos. 1bp.blogspot.com|
- 1 kilo of cured pork shoulder (lacón)
- 1 kilo of turnip tops, washed and chopped (use spring cabbage if you prefer)
- 8 small potatoes, peeled
- 4 chorizos
- salt and pepper
- Cover the pork shoulder with cold water and soak for 24 hours, changing the water several times.
- Put the pork shoulder in a pan with plenty of water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for around two hours until tender.
- Remove the meat and keep it warm. Cook the potatoes, turnip tops and chorizos in stock for 25 minutes, then season with salt and pepper.
- Lift the chorizos out of the stock and drain the vegetables. Save the stock for soup.
- Cut the meat into pieces and transfer it to a large serving plate with the chorizos and vegetables.
- Serve while nice and hot, enjoy!
|Lacón con grelos. Img Santiago|